Apply & Register
Orientation for New Students
If you are a new student at Foothill, you have three options for completing your orientation requirement to receive priority registration.
- First you must apply for admission so that you have your student identification number, also known as your campuswide ID or CWID, to sign up for any of the options.
- Before starting orientation, we recommend that you check your assessment placement results.
- If you choose to take CNSL 5 or attend an in-person SOAR workshop, you'll meet with a counselor to complete your education plan at that time. If you choose the online orientation option, you'lll need to make an appointment with a counselor after orientation to complete your education plan.
Options for Completing Orientation
Online Orientation is self-paced and can be completed in one sitting or multiple sittings. There is no charge for enrolling in this Canvas course.
- Go to the Online Orientation enrollment login page.
- Log in with your Campuswide ID.
Note: If you have trouble logging into the online orientation, contact the Admissions & Records office.
- Click the "Enroll in Course" button to register for Online Orientation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the orientation.
- When you are finished, don't forget to make an appointment with a counselor to get help with your education plan!
Counseling 5 (1-Unit Course)
Take Counseling 5: Introduction to College to complete orientation and all other steps for priority registration.
For course dates and times, see the schedule of classes
During SOAR, you'll complete all steps to receive priority registration for the next registration period,
- Assessment for placement
- Education plan
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Summer 2022 Hours
JUNE 27– JULY 1 Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m
JULY 5– AUG. 4 Monday–Wednesday: 8 a.m.–Noon
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours.
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Friday: 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (*July 1 Only)
*Fridays: Virtual Offices Closed for Summer
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS
July 4 Independence Day
Sept. 5 Labor Day
SUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED
Please visit or contact the Main Campus for in-person or virtual services.