Foothill College Online Application
Thanks for choosing Foothill College! We have an open-door admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or equivalent, you're in.
We're on the quarter system with a shortened summer session. For registration and other important dates and deadlines, see the academic calendar.
We're accepting applications now for the following terms:
- Fall 2018
See instructions below for applying, with special links for if you are an international student or currently enrolled in high school.
|If you are an International Student with an F1 Visa, visit the International Student Program for how to apply.|
Submit a new admission application if you
- Have never attended Foothill College
- Are a former Foothill College student, but skipped either the fall, winter or spring terms
- Submitted a Foothill College admissions application but did not register for classes
- Registered for classes at Foothill College but dropped them before the refund deadline
Filling Out the Application
We use OpenCCC, a statewide application system sponsored by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
If you have never applied for admission to Foothill College or you are a returning student and it's been awhile, please review tips below about the application process.
Note: If you are an International Student with an F1 Visa, use the International Student Program application for admission.
Otherwise, begin the application process now!
Tips About the Application Process
Be as accurate and complete as you can when filling out your application. Mistakes or omissions may delay the processing of your admission.
Have the following information available as you begin.
- Names and dates (mm/yy) of all high schools and colleges attended
- Permanent resident card (if applicable)
- A valid and unique e-mail address that you check frequently. Note: An email address shared between Foothill applicants will prevent the creation of MyPortal accounts for those students
- Your social security number (if you will also be applying for financial aid)
- Note: You are not required to give your SSN. However, we encourage you to include it so that you may more easily apply for financial aid and reset your registration system password if you forget it
Please select for more information if you are
An Undocumented Immigrant Student
Permanent Resident or in California on a Non-Student Visa
Applying for Dual Enrollment as a High School Student
After filling out the application, please see all steps for dual enrollment high school students.
Applying for Financial Aid
After Submitting Your Application
- Print the confirmation page.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL (including your spam folder). Within 2-3 business days, you should receive an email containing your Foothill College Student ID number and other important enrollment information from Foothill College.
- Once you receive your Student ID number, go to MyPortal and log in for the most current information regarding your enrollment status at Foothill College.
If you have not received the "Welcome to Foothill College" email, it may have gone to your email account's spam folder. Please ensure that you follow these steps to fully submit the application.
- After "Creating an Account" with OpenCCC, you will need to log into that account to "Start a New Application."
- After submitting the application, you will be taken to a Confirmation Page, which provides a Confirmation Number.
If you followed those steps but still do not receive an email response, please contact the Admissions & Records Office.
We look forward to seeing you at Foothill College.
Need Help?Contact Us!
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.–2 p.m.