When You Earn an Associate Degree
Based on grade-point average upon graduation, Foothill awards scholastic honors to students who earn the associates degree, complete a minimum of 24 Foothill units and meet certain criteria.
- Highest Honors are awarded to graduating students who receive grade-point average of 4.0 in all community college work.
- High Honors are awarded to those with grade-point average of 3.5 or above in all community college work.
- Honors are awarded to those whose grade-point average is between 3.3 and 3.5.
Quarterly Dean's List
- Students taking 12 or more units per quarter will be placed on the Dean's List if their quarter grade-point average is 3.5 (a "B+" average) or better
- Part-time students who have acquired a cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or more in at least 12 units and who have earned a 3.5 grade-point average in the last quarter's units is also eligible for the Dean's List.
The president's medal is awarded at the annual commencement ceremony to first-time degree recipients with a 4.0 GPA in all college coursework, including 60 resident units at Foothill.
To qualify for this award, you must petition for graduation by June 1.
Honors Institute Eligibility
Students with strong academic motivation and ability are offered special class sections taught by faculty selected for their special interest in working with honors students.
Honors Institute Program Features
- Special courses that prepare students for transfer to top colleges and universities
- Discussions and projects that stimulate intellectual development
- Free tickets to cultural events and seminars
- Transcript notation of "Honors Scholar" for students completing seven of the designated honors courses with an A or B
Visit the Honors Institute website to learn how to apply for the program and then register for current honors courses.
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Fall 2022 Hours
SEPT. 26–Oct. 7
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–Noon
Friday: Noon–3 p.m.
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours. NOTE: Phone service available 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 9 a.m.–Noon Friday.
SUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED
Please visit or contact the Main Campus for in-person or virtual services.
Academic Dates & Deadlines