COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Fall
If You Plan to Be on Campus
Per a Foothill-De Anza Board of Trustees mandate, students and employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before coming to campus this fall.
See instructions below on how to submit your required proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated means you received either two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
If you plan to be on campus—for a class, a meeting, a visit to the Library, an athletic event or for any purpose—you must submit proof of vaccination or complete a vaccine exemption form.
You may claim exemption on verified medical reasons or religious grounds. Read the Board Policy on vaccinations.
Definition: Proof of Vaccination
Your record of vaccination must show
Submit Proof of Vaccination
We've made it easy to upload a copy of your vaccination card by using the PyraMED online health portal, which is a secure medical records system. See steps below for detailed instructions.
Please Use Firefox
When uploading your proof of vaccination or exemption requests, please use Firefox to access MyPortal and/or the PyraMed app. You will then receive confirmation that you have successfully submitted your items.
Chrome or Safari will cause submission problems. By default, Chrome disables pop-ups for security reasons.
If you are using Chrome, you can enable pop-ups by doing the following:
If your device does not have a copy of Firefox, download the Firefox browser now.
Have Your Digital Vaccination Record Ready
You can take a photo of your vaccination card or get a digital copy from the state health site at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
Save the digital photo or file to the computer or device that you will use to log in to the PyraMED health portal.
Log in to the PyraMed Health Portal
- If you are prompted to sign in, use your CWID and MyPortal password.
- Students must be registered in at least one class AND must have paid all registration fees to access the Pyramed portal. If you have not paid your fees, you may not be able to log in to the PyraMED system.
- NOTE: It takes 24 hours to create a Pyramed account for newly registered students.
Follow the On-Screen Instructions to Upload Your Card
- Click on Document Upload (in the red horizontal bar across the top of your screen).
- Next, select COVID-19 Vaccine Record Foothill Students Only as the document type.
Click the Browse button to find the document file on your computer or device. (Your document file must be in one of the formats listed, such as .jpeg or .pdf)
Click the Save button to upload the document.
You will not receive an immediate confirmation. The Student Health Services office will contact you if they have any questions.
Remember These Important Points
- For U.S. students, your vaccination record must show you received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
International students attending on an F-1 visa may submit documentation in English that they have received the full course of a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
You must upload your vaccination record before coming to campus. We strongly recommend that you do this at least three days before you need to be on campus.
- If you have only received one shot of Pfizer or Moderna, you will need to fill out a medical exemption (see below).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not resubmit proof of vaccination or exemption documents if you have already done so as this will cause a backlog in our system.
Requesting an Exemption
You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement ONLY on the basis of verified medical reasons or religious beliefs.
There is a separate form and process for each type of request. See details below for your exemption type.
Medical Exemption Request
- Download COVID-19 Request Medical Exemption Form
- Complete the form on your computer and have it signed by your medical provider.
- Go to your Student Portal and click on the Foothill Health Services/Pyramed tile or use this link: https://deanza.studenthealthportal.com/. This will take you to a Foothill-De Anza Health Portal page.
- Click on the ‘Document Upload’ tab in the navigation bar
- Select Document Type (COVID-19 Request Medical Exemption Form-Foothill)
- Upload a PDF of your medical exemption form
FAQs about Vaccinations, Masks and Health Self-Assessment
To get your questions answered, see our FAQs for Students.
If you are an employee, see our FAQs for Faculty and Staff.
Daily Health Self-Assessment
Along with requiring proof of vaccination, as we return to campus, we are asking students to first take a health self-assessment using our Foothill app on the same day before coming to campus for any reason.
Return to Campus Survey
We recently surveyed students to help us determine what services to offer on campus this fall. See the survey results.