Foothill College Promise
Get your first year of college free!
(And your textbooks too)
First-time, full-time students — apply for Foothill College Promise
Experience the smarter choice of a great quality education at no cost to you!
First-time, full-time students (12 units or more) are eligible to have the cost of tuition and fees fully paid for their first year at Foothill College.
And it doesn't stop there.
- Any number of units more than 12 will be covered during your first year at Foothill. That can add up to some extra cash.
- Plus, we'll cover the cost of all your required books and course materials from the college bookstore.
- Eligible Extended Opportunities Programs & Services (EOPS) students will also receive up to $750 for a laptop from the college bookstore.
Get Started Today
Apply for Fall Admission
Our fall application is open now. Registration begins in July.
Review Requirements to Receive College Promise
- Must have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (i.e., GED or CHSPEE) and
- Never attended college after having earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (summer enrollments are NOT disqualifying) and
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 units (full-time status) during your first and subsequent quarters of the 2019-20 academic year at Foothill College
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee Exemption
Fill out a 2019-2020 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
It takes less than 30 minutes to apply, and even less with the new FAFSA mobile app!
Explore Your Options
We have many great resources at Foothill to help you succeed. Check out these programs.
We Invite All Students to Join Us
We encourage all underrepresented students to apply for admission to Foothill College, including undocumented students, veterans and AVID students.
Students with disabilities taking a reduced load of at least 6 units are eligible for the Foothill College Promise.
Students who have participated in Early College Promise for dual-enrolled high school students are encouraged to enroll and will receive the same benefits of the Early College Promise if enrolled full-time at Foothill.
- Check the Foothill College Promise FAQ for additional information
Apply for Financial Aid Browse Degrees & Certificates
We're Here to Help!
Financial Aid Office
Building 8100, Room 8101