Tips for Completing Online Application
Before You Fill Out the Application
Is this the right application form for you?
We use OpenCCC, a statewide online admission application for the California Community Colleges system.
ALL NEW STUDENTS apply with this form EXCEPT for the following:
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS applying for F1 Visa or transferring F1.
See International Student Program Application
- APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM APPLICANTS:
See Trade Apprenticeship Application Steps
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: If you are enrolled in Grades 9-12, you'll use this form when following Dual Enrollment Steps
Who needs to submit a new admission application?
If you are a first-time student at Foothill, you must submit a completed application before you can register for classes.
Continuing students don't need to re-apply each year, but you'll need to submit a new application IF YOU
- are a former Foothill College student, but skipped either the fall, winter or spring terms
- submitted a Foothill College admissions application but did not register for classes
- registered for classes at Foothill College but dropped them before the refund deadline
- are an F-1 Student at another college or university
How long does it take to be accepted?
After you've applied, allow up to 48 hours to receive your "Welcome" email from Foothill College.
It will include your Student ID number (also called Campuswide ID).
You'll need it for access to several Foothil services, including
Important Information IF you are . . .
An Undocumented Dreamer Student
Check if you meet the AB540 requirements to qualify for in-state tuition at Foothill.
Dual Enrollment High School Student (Grades 9-12)
After filling out the application, please see all steps for dual enrollment high school students.
After filling out the application, visit Veteran Services for additional steps.
Financial Aid Applicant
If you are admitted to both Foothill College and De Anza College, please notify the Financial Aid Office which is your primary college where you will earn your degree/certificate and receive your aid.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for admission?
Foothill College uses OpenCCC, an statewide community college online application system.
- To submit an application to Foothill College, you will need to create an account for this system.
- It's easy to do: Just follow the prompts when you click on the application link at the bottom of this page.
- If you have previously created an OpenCCC account to apply to another college, you can use the same account to apply to Foothill.
- Here is a guide to help, Application Guide.
What will I need to complete the application?
Be ready with the following information BEFORE filling out the OpenCCC application.
- Names and dates (mm/yy) of all high schools and colleges attended
Your immigration or visa information
- Permanent resident card (if applicable)
- A valid and unique e-mail address that you check frequently. Note: An email address shared between Foothill applicants will prevent the creation of MyPortal accounts for those students
- Your social security number. Note: While you are not required to give your Social Security Number, we encourage you to provide it so that you may more easily apply for financial aid and reset your registration password if you forget it.
- If you are undocumented, you may check the box that indicates that you don't have a Social Security Number.
- If you are a permanent resident or in California on a Non-Student Visa: Please complete residency information completely on the application, including your resident alien number and the dates on your green card or your visa. Incomplete information may result in your being charged non-resident fees or having to provide additional documentation.
Reminder for Priority Enrollment
Do I need a social security number to apply?
The application does NOT require a social security number.
- If you are an Undocumented Immigrant, you may check the box that indicates that you don't have a social security number.
- If you do have a social security number, we encourage you to provide it so that you may more easily apply for financial aid and reset your registration password if you forget it.
What should I do after completing the application?
- PRINT the confirmation page.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL, (including your spam folder). Within two to three business days, you should receive an email containing your Foothill College student ID number (also known as a Campuswide ID or CWID) and other important enrollment information. This message will be sent to the email address that you provide when you create an account with OpenCCC.
- Once you receive your Student ID number, go to MyPortal and log in for the most current information regarding your enrollment status at Foothill College. See our First-Time MyPortal Login page for tips.
Access to MyPortal will be delayed if you are identified as a nonresident on your application for admission.
Nonresident applications must be manually reviewed and accepted into the system. This may take 24 hours for processing.
What if I don't receive a "Welcome" email?
If you have not received the "Welcome to Foothill College" email, it may have gone to your email account's spam folder.
If you still have not received a "Welcome to Foothill College" email, please complete the Admissions and Records Help Form.
First, please ensure that you follow these steps to fully submit the application.
- After "Creating an Account" with OpenCCC, you will need to log into the account to Start a New Application."
- After submitting the application, you will be taken to a Confirmation Page, which provides a confirmation number.
Begin the Application
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Regular Hours: Jan. 16–March 31
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
*Friday: 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (Virtual Only)
Contact Us Virtually
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours. NOTE: Phone service available 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 9 a.m.–Noon Friday.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS
Feb. 17-20: President's Day Weekend
SUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED
Please visit or contact the Main Campus for in-person or virtual services.
Academic Dates & Deadlines