Steps to Register for Classes
When Are Grades Available in MyPortal
Your grades will usually be available for viewing in the MyPortal.fhda.edu system by the second Monday after finals week.
Final grades are submitted by faculty the week after final exams.
Be aware that several "roll-up" steps must occur before final grades and calculation of GPAs are available for you to view.
- Once that process is complete, you should be able to find your grades and unofficial transcript online.
View Grades in MyPortal
- LOG IN to MyPortal
- CLICK on Apps in the left menu
- GO TO Students section in right window.
- CLICK the Student Registration app.
- CLICK the View My Grades link under the My Records section.
- SELECT a Term > CLICK Submit
- You should see your most recent class grades and Foothill undergraduate summary with overall GPA.
- If you think you should be able see your grades but you can't, please complete the Admissions and Records Help Form for assistance.
Troubleshooting Tip: If You Do Not See the Current Term
Under My Records, CLICK View My Unofficial Transcript and look for your grades there.
Grade Policy for COVID-19
Due to the disruption caused by COVID-19, the college adopted a temporary policy for grades earned in the Winter 2020, Spring 2020, Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 terms.
- A grade of F earned in these terms will not be counted in calculating earned units or Grade Point Averages.
- Grades of D+, D and D- earned in these terms will not be counted in calculating Grade Point Averages.
Q. I am currently taking a class that serves as a prerequisite for another course. Can I register for the next course level for the upcoming term?
Q. If I can't view my grades in MyPortal yet, how can I find out if I passed the prerequisite course so that I know I can continue to the next level when the quarter starts?
Q. Based on the grade that I received from my instructor, I was incorrectly dropped from a prerequisite course. Who do I contact to fix this?
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Main Campus Fall Office Hours
In-Person Services: Sept. 20–Oct. 1
Visit us in Building 8100 or contact by phone during business hours:
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–3 p.m. & Friday: 9 a.m.–Noon
Virtual Services Only: Nov. 4–Dec. 21
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours:
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. & Friday: 9 a.m.–Noon
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS
Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day
Closed Nov. 25–26 for Thanksgiving HolidaySUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED Please contact Main Campus for virtual services.
Academic Dates & Deadlines