Many courses require you to have completed prerequisites or enroll in a corequisite when registering for a class.
Requisites are listed under each course description in the Catalog and the Schedule of Classes.
Important: The college has the authority to drop you from any course if you have not met the necessary prerequisites.
|Prerequisite||Previous background or course completion with a C or better required for entry into another course.|
|Corequisite||A course that may be completed prior to enrolling in a course or taken concurrently.|
|Advisory||A recommended but not required course that will help you be successful in a class. Note: You DO NOT need to submit a prerequisite clearance for an advisory.|
Ways to Clear a Prerequisite
Depending on your academic history, prerequisites can be met by different criteria
other than successfully completing a course at Foothill College.
Clear a prerequisite or corequisite by providing any of the following:
Proof of coursework taken at another U.S. college or university
SUBMIT an unofficial transcript with a grade of C or better using the online prerequisite clearance form below.
All unofficial transcripts MUST have
- The student's full name
- School name
AP test score of 3 or higher
If you do not meet any of the above, a prerequisite clearance requires dean approval.
When Requesting Clearance for Courses in a Sequence
- To start, please speak with a Foothill counselor or an admissions representative from the school to which you intend to transfer.
- It is highly recommended that you take the full sequence at one school—as mixing school sequences can leave gaps in knowledge and your school may not accept your individual course for transfer.
- Once we have received your request, it will be processed in the order received.
- Please allow SEVEN(7) working days from the time of submitting for it to be processed before attempting to register.
- We will notify you by e-mail once your clearance petition has been processed.
- If you have any questions regarding your prerequisite submission, please email email@example.com.
Request Prerequisite Clearance
Complete and Submit Online
PREREQUISITE CLEARANCE ONLINE FORM
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Regular Hours: April 10–June 30
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
*Friday: 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (Virtual Only)
Contact Us Virtually
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours. NOTE: Phone service available 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 9 a.m.–Noon Friday.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS
May 29: Memorial Day Holiday
June 19: Juneteenth Holiday
SUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED
Please visit or contact the Main Campus for in-person or virtual services.