15-Minute Quick Questions Sessions
For quick help, get in queue to meet with a counselor during our Quick Question hours. To get in queue, call 650.949.7423 or use the FH Counseling chat feature.
- Your request for help will be placed in the order received.
- You can request to meet with a counselor for up to 15 minutes via telephone or Zoom.
- We start our queue no more than 5-minutes before the sessions begin.
- We stop adding students to the queue 15-minutes before closing time.
Note: All Quick Question dates and times are subject to change.
Quick Questions Hours
Winter Quarter 2023 :
Feb. 6 - 10:
Tues. Feb. 7: 9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Wed. Feb. 8: 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Thurs. Feb. 9: 11:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Fri. Feb. 10: 9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Feb. 13 - 17:
Mon. Feb. 13: 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Tues. Feb. 14: 8:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Wed. Feb. 15: 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Thurs. Feb. 16: 11:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Fri. Feb. 17: CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
F-1 International Counseling Quick Question Hours for Winter Quarter
Kim Lane - Mondays: 12-1:00 p.m.
Cathy Denver - Tuesdays: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Cathy Denver - Wednesdays: 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Kim Lane -Thursdays: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
When To See an International Counselor
Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: When requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons, you must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor.
When to Schedule a 30-Minute Appointment Instead
Please keep in mind that educational plans, academic probation issues, financial aid appeals, excess units
request and transcript evaluations will require a 30-minute appointment
We want to ensure that our counselors can give you the personalized attention and accuracy that you
deserve! For those types of topics, we recommend scheduling a 30-minute appointment,