15-Minute Quick Questions Sessions
For quick help, get in the queue to meet with a counselor during our Quick Question hours. To get in queue, call 650.949.7423 or use the FH Counseling Chat feature.
- Your request for help will be placed in the order received.
- You can request to meet with a counselor for up to 15 minutes via telephone or Zoom.
- We start our queue no more than 5-minutes before the sessions begin.
- We stop adding students to the queue 15-minutes before closing time.
Note: All Quick Question dates and times are subject to change.
Quick Questions Hours
December 11th - December 15th:
Mon. 12/11: 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Tue. 12/12: 8:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Wed. 12/13: 9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Thu. 12/14: 11:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Fri. 12/15: 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Sunnyvale Quick Question Hour:
Tuesdays: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
F-1 International Counseling Quick Question Hours
Mondays: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: 1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Wednesdays: 1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
When To See an International Counselor
Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: When requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons, you must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor.
When to Schedule a 30-Minute Appointment Instead
Please keep in mind that educational plans, academic probation issues, financial aid appeals, excess units
request, petition for graduation and transcript evaluations will require a 30-minute appointment
We want to ensure that our counselors can give you the personalized attention and accuracy that you
deserve! For those types of topics, we recommend scheduling a 30-minute appointment,