Assessment for Placement
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I schedule an appointment?
- All students who wish to take the assessment test must already be Foothill students.
- Schedule an assessment test
Q. Before taking the assessment test?
Q. What should I bring on the day of the test ?
- A valid photo ID and your 8-digit Foothill student ID number
Q. What shouldn't I bring on the day of the test?
- Please leave all valuables at home.
- No materials are allowed in the testing lab other than what is provided for you at front desk.
Q. How long is the test (Chemistry and ESLL English Second Language learners)
- Chemistry is a 45 minute timed exam.
- English for Second Language Learners test is untimed.
Q. What happens after I take the test?
- Upon completion of your assessment test, you will receive the course(s) you are eligible to enroll in.
- See course sequence chart for your test subject.
- See more information