Family Engagement Institute
Please share key resources from reputable organizations with the Family Engagement Institute (FEI) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free / Low-Cost Internet
- Emergency Broadband Benefit: The Federal Communications Commission is helping eligible families pay for internet service during the pandemic. Includes up to $50/month for service.
- Xfinity: All public hotspots freely available.
- Comcast: Low-cost internet for low-income families.
- AT&T: All public hotspots freely available.
- Charter: Free spectrum boradband and Wi-Fi access.
- T-Mobile: Unlimited data to all current customers who have plans with data.
- Verizon: Waiving late fees and suspending services termination.
- California Connects: California Community Colleges students are eligible for mobile hotspot services.
- Keep Americans Connected Pledge: AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Cox, Google Fiber, Spring, Verizon, and T-Mobile will not disconnect any customers for temporary period regardless of payment status.
- Foothill College: Foothill has a student Chromebook loaner program plus a $200 gift check to offset internet costs for spring quarter. FEI will collect NCP student names, CW ID and submit the requests on a needs-bases.
- Isolation Support Services
- Weekly Vaccination Sites: Book An Appointment
- Weekly Testing Sites: Book An Appointment
- Vaccine Safety: Spanish
- Vaccination Support Line: English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Information for People 65 and Older: Spanish
- Food Connection Hotline at 1.800.984.3663
- Text "GETFOOD" to 408.455.5181
- Meal Providers Click Here
- School Food Distribution Sites
- Mobile Farmer's Market: Flyer
Foothill College Virtual Food Pantry
- Electronic Walmart Gift Card for $50-worth of Groceries
Housing Is Key
- Next Door Solutions' 24-Hour Hotline at 408.279.2962: Obtaining food and basic needs, legal assistance and emergency shelter.
- YWCA Silicon Valley at 1.800.572.2782: Immediate crisis assistance.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.7233. To create a safety plan, visit: Staying Safe During COVID-19.
- Silicon Valley Law Foundation at 408. 280.2416: Legal services
Santa Clara County Office of Education
City of Mountain View
Foothill College DREAMers UndocuALLY
Foothill College Resources
- Community Services Agency (Mountain View)
- Community Services (Sunnyvale)
- Catholic Charities (S. Bay)
- Sacred Heart (S. Bay)
- Amigos de Guadalupe (S. Bay)
- Somos Mayfair