Elementary Teacher Education Program
Become an Elementary School Teacher, Start at Foothill!
- Transfer to a CSU with an AA-T in Elementary Teacher Education — a Liberal Studies degree with an emphasis on working with children in an elementary school setting.
- After completing your bachelors degree at a CSU, you can earn your California State multiple subject teaching credential (MSTC) for eligibility to teach at the elementary school level.
- For information about California requirements for the MSTC, see the State of California Commision on Teacher Credentialing website.
New Classes for FALL 2021
Both these classes will be offered for the first time this fall.
Recommended Course Sequence
Total 90 units required for completion of the degree.
COVID has affected the timing of these course offerings, check the schedule to see what is offered.
After completing the Elementary Teacher Education program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the teaching profession including requirements and evaluation of effectiveness
- Identify major economic, political, and social policies that have affected the American school system
- Describe curriculum and instruction, including development and design
Earn an Assistant Teacher Permit in One YearFoothill College is a partner in the Teacher Pipeline Program, with locations in Redwood City and Menlo Park. Fall classes held Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:50 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m.-12:50 p.m. LEARN MORE
We're Here to Help!
Child Development Department
Sunnyvale Campus, 211Q