Early Childhood Education Apprenticeship Program
Program Starts This Fall 2023
Join our exciting new apprenticeship program. Gain an education while working full-time! You'll be signed up for free courses and guaranteed a job in a quality preschool program.
Education & Coursework
Your coursework will be spread over one school year and will include the following courses, for a total of 23 quarter ECE units, this includes the "12 ECE" unit.
- CHLD 56N Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children
- CHLD 88B Positive Behavior Management
- CHLD 8 Child, Family & Community
- CHLD 1 Child Growth & Development (Early years)
- CHLD 89 Curriculum for Early Care and Education Programs
- CHLD 86B Practicum Student Teaching
You'll be provided a Preschool Assistant position within a quality preschool program, including
- Full-time work
- Competitive wages with raises
- A mentor teacher to guide
Apprentices must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, as assessed by Foothill College upon applying
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Go through Livescan fingerprinting and pass criminal background checks
- Pass health screening, TB test, and some required immunizations as required by Title 22 regulations
- Have some volunteer experience in a preschool (we can help with this)
- Have no more than one of the listed Child Development classes completed
Become an ECE Apprentice — Apply Today!
The first review of applications will begin July 1, 2023.
For more details and to be added to our mailing list, please contact Nicole at Kerbeynicole@foothill.edu
Need Help with Your Language Skills?
Take a NCEL 401 Class. It's free and can help you build your skills, and confidence.