subpage flowers image

Child Development

How to Get Started

I want to be a new student at Foothill? What do I do next?

  1. Start by going to Apply and Register to apply for admission to Foothill College.
  2. When you submit your application, you will receive a Campus Wide ID (CWID). Using your CWID you can Register for classes on
  3. Follow the Guidelines to search for classes and register for the classes you want.

Which classes should I take first?

  • For a fast look at the Child Development courses offered this quarter. See the schedule of classes for a listing and description.
  • View the power point slide presentation for guidelines about which courses to take first. Hint: Start with CHLD 56N or CHLD 88 first.
  • When you have made a decision, log onto MyPortal with your CWID and register for the class you want.

I have questions about registration.

Still got questions?

  • Plan to attend the next New Student Orientation held at the end of each quarter just before the new quarter begins. Watch for announcements on the website and on Facebook.
  • Full time faculty are not available for advising during the summer.
  • See the Counseling to make an appointment.
Contact Nicole Kerbey, M.A. Faculty and Department Chair, at

Located at the Foothill College Sunnyvale Center

Change young lives Be a lifelong learner

Earn an Assistant Teacher Permit in One Year

Foothill College is a partner in the Teacher Pipeline Program, with locations in Redwood City and Menlo Park. Fall classes held Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:50 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m.-12:50 p.m. LEARN MORE
image descriptive text

We're Here to Help!

Child Development Department


Sunnyvale Campus, 211Q