Are You an AB 540 Dreamer?
AB 540 is a California law that allows all students who qualify, including undocumented students, to pay in-state tuition fees at all public colleges and universities in California.
To be eligible, you must have
- attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years
- graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent (for example, passing the GED or California High School Proficiency exam) prior to the start of the term that you are applying at Foothill College
If you qualify for AB 540 status, follow these steps successfully enroll in classes
Start Your Journey Now
- Apply for admission to Foothill
- Complete the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption (AB 540) Form
- Apply for financial aid using the Californian Dream Act application
- Follow enrollment steps for Priority Registration
- Consider joining one of our learning communities
- Visit our Dreamers and Undocually website to learn about support.
- Register for Classes!
Need Help?Contact Us!
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7 p.m.