Apply and register for online courses
Apply to Foothill
After you apply you must wait until your application has been processed before you can register for classes.
The wait is usually about a day during registration.
Before you register for classes
Visit the Foothill website for important dates. After you receive your Student ID:
- Contact Counseling - Academic advising help
- Clear prerequisites - Before you register for a class make sure to clear any prerequisites that it may have
- Financial Aid - Learn more at the Foothill website
- Online Degrees & Certificates - Browse fully online degrees and certificates
- Search the Class Schedule. To find fully online courses make sure to click on Online Classes.
- Get more detailed information about the course
What is the difference between a fully online course and a hybrid course?
A fully online course takes place online without requiring you to come to campus. In the schedule you will see a W at the end of the section number indicating that the course is fully online.
A hybrid course takes place online AND on campus. In the schedule you will see a Y at the end of the section number.
ACTG 001A.08W (ACTG F001A08W) is a fully online class because there is a "W" at the end of the section number.
For details, contact the instructor, Campus Directory.
Where can I get more information about a course?
Get more information about your course - prerequisites, required meetings, etc...
Register for Classes
You must log into MyPortal to register for classes.
- Log in using your 8-digit, Student (College Wide) ID or CWID. You'll use a temporary password to log in the first time. To be prepared, see the First-time Login Guide available on the MyPortal login page for more information.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you may update your mailing and email addresses at the Admissions and Records office.
- Does your course have prerequisites?
- Registration Process - Learn step-by-step how to register for a course, how to get on the waitlist, and how to request an add code.
To register for a course AFTER the quarter has started, you must request an Add Code.
If you receive the error message that it is "not your day to register" when attempting to complete the late-registration process to add a course, it may mean that you have not yet submitted an application for the quarter. If you did not take classes the previous quarter, you are not considered a "continuing student." Before you can add a course to your schedule, you must apply for admission to the college.
Reminder: Payment in full is due immediately at the time of registration.
For information on tuition and fees, see the page maintained by Foothill Admissions & Records: Explanation of Student Fees & Fee Schedule.
The Student ID Card Fee, Student Representation Fee are not required and are voluntary. The Campus Center Use Fee can be reduced to $10 for students who are only enrolled in classes that meet off-campus (including fully online courses) and who live outside of the district service area. Call the Cashier's Office to request to have these fees waived and/or reduced: (650) 949-7331.
Looking for more classes?
Check out the Online Course Exchange search tool provided by California Community Colleges.