TechCore Is Changing!
About the TechCore Program
TechCore is a cohort program for students on a guided pathway to an Associate Degree for Transfer in Computer Science (ADT-CS).
Research shows that women, Black, Latinx, and Pacific Islander individuals, and low-income individuals are underrepresented in STEM disciplines in higher education and in the workplace.
Our program provides students from underrepresented groups in the STEM field a shared learning experience to ensure their success in the transfer pathway.
Additionally, cohort programs have been proven to contribute to successful attainment of goals, such as a transfer degree, for all students. TechCore aims to break stereotypes of who can be successful in STEM by equipping students with tools and supports in both academic and work-based settings.
TechCore is open to all students. Eligible students may receive two years free tuition and textbooks through the Foothill College Promise program.
TechCore provides you with
- A specific two-year and three-year course sequence in a cohort environment.
- Academic support and tutoring.
- Field trips, guest speakers, and other enrichment activities to provide exposure to careers in the tech field.
- Summer internships in the tech field with scholarships.
- A cohort of learners sharing the same experience.
- Caring mentors and advisors.
If all of this is of interest to you, then check out PRE-STEM which is being launched for the 2021-22 school year.