UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
Click here IN WINTER QUARTER for Super Student TAP Checklist
Increase Your Chances
Want to increase your chances of being accepted to UCLA's College of Letters and Sciences?
Join the Honors Institute and become an Honors Scholar* and you can!
Guaranteed Priority Consideration for Admission
Through the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP), Foothill College Honors Scholars are given guaranteed priority consideration for admission to the UCLA College of Letters and Sciences. Traditionally, Foothill students experience a 70-98% acceptance rate through this program (versus 14-20%) for all other transfer applicants.
International students are also eligible to apply for this program, however are reviewed separately. International students can participate in TAP and be certified, but are not considered in the same way as domestic students.
In order to be eligible for this program, Honors students must complete the criteria to be an Honors Scholar including:
- complete a minimum of 12 honors units by the end of the fall term prior to their transfer.
- successfully complete a minimum of 23 quarter units of honors courses with a minimum GPA of 3.25*
- Earn a C or better in all honors courses
- Service Leadership
*Please note these are minimums. With high demand majors, a higher GPA is recommended.
Application Timeline for Fall 2024 Admission
- Students interested in participating UCLA's Transfer Alliance Program should meet with an honors counselor as soon as possible to develop an education plan and identify courses for the Honors Scholar Program.
- Students submit an admissions application to UCLA by using the systemwide application to the University of California. For Fall 2024, the application submission window opened in October 2023 and closes on November 30, 2023.
- Once the applications are processed by UCLA, students will receive an email message from the Honors Institute in early January 2024 outlining the next steps including the submission of the TAP Certification Form.
- Students should review the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) Certification Process Guide Sheet.
- Submit an Application Agreement with UCLA authorizing UCLA to release application information to the Foothill Honors Institute.
- Honors Students wishing to pursue TAP will have needed to attended a TAP Certification
DATES AND TIMES TBD -- KEEP A LOOKOUT HERE
- Schedule a 30-minute counseling appointment with an Honors Counselor at https://foothill.edu/counseling. You must attend one of the TAP workshops prior to your schedulued appointment.
- Complete the TAP Certification Worksheet and upload to the Foothill Certification Request form.
- We anticipate that the TAP certification process must be completed by 11:59 PM (Pacific) on Wednesday, February 21, 2024.
- If an admissions offer is made by UCLA in late April 2024, you will need to submit the Honors Scholar petition form in the Spring 2024 quarter. The petition window opens early April and is due by the end of May 2024 (keep a lookout for actual dates).
For more information, contact the Honors Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Timeline for Fall 2025 Admission
- Students interested in participating UCLA's Transfer Alliance Program should meet with an honors counselor as soon as possible to develop an education plan and identify courses for the Honors Scholar Program
- Students submit an admission application to UCLA by using the systemwide application to the University of California. For Fall 2025, the application submission window opens October 2024 and closes on November 30, 2024.
- Additional details will be released in October 2024.
We're here to support you!
Bldg 1900, Office 1961
Honors Counseling with Tracee Cunningham
Fall Quarter Drop-In Hours September 25 to December 14
MEET IN PERSON
Bldg 1900, Office 1961
Mondays 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Thursdays 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
Tuesdays 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
Wednesdays 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
CONTACT US BY EMAIL
Questions? Email us at email@example.com and we'll respond right away!