Choosing Your Images
The Foothill College website includes responsive design, an approach to web design that makes web pages render well on a variety of devices and
window or screen sizes. With that comes some restrictions when selecting images for your pages.
Before uploading and inserting images into your web pages, review image best practices and dimension requirements below
for the Foothill website. OU Campus makes sticking to these rules easy by providing an OU Campus image editor for resizing images once upload into into your images folder.
- Use the image dimension guidelines when selecting photos to use for your webiste.
- Always resize and optimize your images. You can do this in OmniUpdate or a Photo Editor, such as Photoshop.
- Select photos that help tell a story.
- Create ALT TAG descriptions that describe the image.
- For biography pages, keep the width of the headshot consistent throughout.
- When naming an image file, use all lower case, no spaces, only hypens (-), include the width dimension, and included allowable file extensions.
- Supported Image File Types: bmp, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif, tiff
Image Dimension Requirements
Website Banner 1300 x 750
If you would like to recommend a different image for your website global banner, please note:
- The banner is responsive and the visual display of the image will shift on different devices.
- It's best to use a textured or campus image for the banner and include images of people on your Main Content area instead.
Main Content 700 px Wide x Variable Height
Side Promo Ad 700 px width x 200-400 px height
Biography Photos (Example 200x269)
Bio photo widths consistent throughout the page when multiple biographies are used.
Tom Gough, a Los Altos native, has been a member of the Foothill College Theatre Arts faculty since 1996 (adjunct 1996-2004, full-time 2004-present). He serves as coordinating chair of the department and teaches classes in acting, voice, movement, dialects, dramatic literature as well directs some of the department productions.
Gough has been notably active with companies throughout Northern California since 1981, participating in well over one hundred production as both actor and director. In addition, he is a founding and active member of ComedySportz-San Jose and the former artistic director of the City Lights Theatre Company in San Jose.
Questions Contact Circle 400x400
OmniUpdate Support Resources
The basic training video is general to the OU Campus interface and will be useful as an overview.
Please see training pages on the left menu for steps specific to the Foothill College OU Campus environment, specifically how to log In, image dimensions and more.
Please email us!
Marketing Office, Building 1900, ADM 1955