Logging In and Out of Omni CMS
|You must be set up as an OU Campus Content Editor and assigned access to your department website before you can edit your web pages.|
Logging In with © DirectEdit
FOLLOW these steps to log into any page that you have access to edit:
- BROWSE to the live web page you want to edit
- SCROLL to the footer (bottom of the page)
- CLICK on the © Copyright symbol at the left of the Foothill College address
- ENTER your MyPortal CWID and Password.
TIP: You will be denied access if you log into a page that you are not assigned to manage.
NOTE: If someone else has the page checked out, you will not be able to access the page to edit.
Next Step Options
Complete your intended tasks for logging into OU Campus.
- Edit Page Content
- Upload Documents and Link from a Page
- Create a New Page
- Update Left Navigation
- Save, Publish and CHECK your work!
Logging Out When Done
Once you complete your tasks, you want to log out for two reasons:
- For security— so that no one else can access your account login, especially if you share a computer in your office or home while we are working virtually.
- To check file status that your page edits were published and to check pages back in so that others with access can edit them.
Steps to follow
- CLICK Content tab on top left navigation. You'll see your Pages View of folders and files that make up your website.
- SCAN Status column of your pages to CLICK to turn off any lightbulbs that are still yellow.
- To sign off, HOVER on your name on the top right to SELECT and CLICK Logout.
TIP: If a page is still checked out (lightbulb is yellow), double check that you published your edits. The lightbulb should automatically turn off once you publish a page.
OmniUpdate Support Resources
OU Campus Basic Training Video
Quick Reference Guide (910 KB, 8 Pages)
The basic training video is general to the OU Campus interface and will be useful as an overview.
Please see training pages on the left menu for steps specific to the Foothill College OU Campus environment, specifically how to log In, image dimensions and more.
Please email us!
Marketing Office, Building 1900, ADM 1955