Editing the Right Column Questions Contacts & Hours
When you log in to edit a page, you'll find three green buttons from which to select for editing, as noted in Navigating the OU Campus Interface: Main Content, Promo Top and Promo Bottom.
If you click on Promo Top or Bottom and DO NOT see the area you want to edit, open and edit the props.pcf file instead.
Most often you will find the Questions? Circle and Hours of Operation in the props.pcf file, as well as other content that appears on every page on your website on the right column.
Steps to Open, Edit and Publish props.pcf
Getting to the props.pcf to edit content
- CLICK on the Content Tab > Pages
- CLICK on props.pcf
- CLICK Section Promo green button
- SELECT Maximize Content Region on the WYSIWYG Toolbar
- FIND the content to edit
Editing the Questions Promo section
The Questions Promo section (contact circle) uses a table transformation to render the content that you'll edit.
- Please only edit exisiting lines of content.
- You may delete content within a table cell (such as building name/number) but do not delete the table cell.
- If you want to add an additional name or phone number to the section, please email email@example.com.
Steps to Editing Contact Information
- MAKE your simple edits using the WYSIWYG toolbar. Do not format the text in any special way but simply type in your changes.
- For email addresses, TYPE the name change, DELINK it; and then SELECT the Link Insert/Edit Mailto Tool to make the new email address into an active link.
- SAVE and PUBLISH.
Note About Final Step
You must publish all the pages in your website in order for the change to take effect on each page.
Final Step: Publishing all pages in your site
- CLICK the Content Tab for Pages View.
- CLICK the Checkbox under the House Icon on the top left.
- DE-SELECT the Checkboxes next to the yellow folders.
- CLICK Publish in the top right corner of the light blue menu bar.
- Once Publish is complete, VIEW your website pages in another browser window to make sure the changes took effect!
TROUBLSHOOTING TIP: If you find an asset in your props.pcf file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the changes that you want to make. You'll often find an asset for the Division
Contacts on Instructional Department sites.
See an example of what an asset looks like that you may find in your props.pcf.
OmniUpdate Support Resources
OU Campus Basic Training Video
Quick Reference Guide (910 KB, 8 Pages)
The basic training video is general to the OU Campus interface and will be useful as an overview.
Please see training pages on the left menu for steps specific to the Foothill College OU Campus environment, specifically how to log In, image dimensions and more.
Please email us!
Marketing Office, Building 1900, ADM 1955