Current International Students
How to Pay Tuition
Tuition and health insurance fees are paid each quarter. Tuition costs are based on the number of units that you enroll in and may change each quarter. For this reason, payments are not due until you have already enrolled in your classes. All other expenses including books and housing are paid separately.
Your tuition and fees must be paid in full (or payment plan set up) by the end of the second week of the quarter (first week in Summer). If you cannot pay in full by this date, your account will be put on hold, and you will not be allowed to drop classes, receive your transcript, or enroll in future quarters.
Available Payment Options
- Credit/debit cards through MyPortal
- Cash at the Admissions & Records Office, Room 8101
- Flywire (pay tuition and fees by bank transfer, credit or debit card, or other local payment options depending on your country.)
For more information on payment policies and instructions, installment plans, refunds, and other acceptable payment methods, please visit Foothill College Cashier's Office.
Payment Suggestions for Overseas Sponsors
- U.S. Bank Account (Most Common): The student can open a bank account in the U.S. The sponsor can then transfer the tuition amount into the student's U.S. bank account, and the student will pay Foothill College with a debit card or personal check drawn on that account.
- Authorized Payer: The student can set up an authorized payer through the MyPortal payment system. Log in to MyPortal, and enter the payment system. Add your sponsor as an "Authorized User" for their account.
- Student Account Direct Payment: The sponsor can pay the student's fees by credit card. To use this option, the student must provide the sponsor with his/her account login information. The sponsor would then log in to MyPortal and pay the tuition and fees.
- International Bank Draft: The sponsor can mail the student an international bank draft in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. The draft must be payable to "Foothill College." The student will then take this draft to the campus cashier at the Admissions & Records Office, Room 8101.
Tuition Payment Plan
Students have the option of signing up for a payment plan, at a cost of $25 per quarter. To sign up for a payment plan, log into MyPortal.fhda.edu and then enter the payment system. Follow the instructions for payment plans. The payment dates are specified in the plan, and the entire amount must be paid in full prior to next quarter’s enrollment.
Foothill Student Taking a Class at De Anza (or vice versa)
A full-time F-1 student at Foothill, taking a class at De Anza (or a full-time F-1 student at De Anza taking a class at Foothill), must pay the fees at the second school (where he/she is not the full-time student) when you enroll in the class. If payment is not received, you will be dropped from your class at the second school on the drop for nonpayment date.
We're Here to Help!
International Student Programs Office
Administration Building 1900 Room 1933
Connect with us on social media!