Current International Students
How to Pay Tuition
Tuition and health insurance fees are paid each quarter, not in an annual sum.Your quarterly cost is based on the number of enrolled units (and may be different each quarter). All other expenses, including books and housing, are paid separately.
Your tuition and fees must be paid in full (or payment plan set up) by the end of the second week of the quarter (first week in Summer). If you cannot pay in full by this date, your account will be put on hold, and you will not be allowed to drop classes, receive your transcript, or enroll in future quarters.
How to Pay Tuition and Fees
- Online through MyPortal (credit and debit cards only)
- In person at the Admissions & Records Office, Room 8101
- Foothill does not accept payment by wire transfer or an electronic bank deposit
Payment Suggestions for Overseas Sponsors
- U.S. Bank Account (Most Common): The student can open a bank account in the U.S. The sponsor can then transfer the tuition amount into the student's U.S. bank account, and the student will pay Foothill College with a debit card or personal check drawn on that account.
- Authorized Payer: The student can set up an authorized payer through the MyPortal payment system. Log in to MyPortal, and enter the payment system. Add your sponsor as an "Authorized User" for their account.
- Student Account Direct Payment: The sponsor can pay the student's fees by credit card. To use this option, the student must provide the sponsor with his/her account login information. The sponsor would then log in to MyPortal and pay the tuition and fees.
- International Bank Draft: The sponsor can mail the student an international bank draft in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. The draft must be payable to "Foothill College." The student will then take this draft to the campus cashier at the Admissions & Records Office, Room 8101.
Tuition Payment Plan
Students have the option of signing up for a payment plan, at a cost of $25 per quarter. To sign up for a payment plan, log into MyPortal.fhda.edu and then enter the payment system. Follow the instructions for payment plans. The payment dates are specified in the plan, and the entire amount must be paid in full prior to next quarter’s enrollment.
Foothill Student Taking a Class at De Anza (or vice versa)
A full-time F-1 student at Foothill, taking a class at De Anza (or a full-time F-1 student at De Anza taking a class at Foothill), must pay the fees at the second school (where he/she is not the full-time student) when you enroll in the class. If payment is not received, you will be dropped from your class at the second school on the drop for nonpayment date.
We're Hiring an International Student Programs Ambassador for Winter
Work virtually. Earn $17 an hour at 10–15 hours per week in our ISP office. Apply
by Jan. 3!
We're Here to Help!
International Student Programs Office
Administration Building 1900 Room 1933