Our online application system accepts applications from October 1 through the March 1 deadline.
The Radiologic Technology program application does not accept in progress prerequisite
coursework. All prerequisites must be completed and grades must be demonstrated on
the transcripts prior to applying. All college transcripts must be submitted to admissions
and records by the application deadline.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- All college transcripts are required.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- College level Intermediate Algebra or equivalent completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- CHEM 30A, or CHEM 25, or ANY college chemistry that includes a lab completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- ENGL 1A, 1H, or 1S & 1T, completed with a grade of "C" or higher
- COMM 2 (Interpersonal Communication), completed with a grade "C" or higher. Only C-ID courses with equivalent content will be accepted.
- AHS 52 or ANY Medical Terminology of 3 quarter units or 2 semester units or more with a grade of "C" or higher. (AHS 200 can be used to meet this requirement.)
RT 200L - (Radiologic Technology As A Career) with a grade of "C" or better. If you live outside of a 50-mile radius to Foothill College, and cannot complete this course at Foothill, you must email Rachelle Campbell (CampbellRachelle@fhda.edu) to request the Petition for Bio/Health Pre-Application Assessment form, which is a petition for equivalency to use another course or required clinical hours. This applies ONLY to students living outside the 50-mile radius. Please provide ample time to be able to complete the alternative method to meet the RT200L requirement prior to the petition due date.Petitions, with all required attachments, for the 2024 application are due by December 1, 2023 by noon. The Petition deadlinefor the 2023 application has passed.
Winter RT200L class begins on Wednesday 1/11/23 at 1pm in Room 8403. Students on the waitlist are encouraged to attend the first class to try and add. Students will be added if there is room available. Due to required clinical rotations during the course, COVID vaccination will be required. This course ends on 3/8/23, after the March 1, 2023 application deadline has passed, so those students taking the course will not be eligible to apply to the program until the 2024 application opens Oct. 1, 2023.
- BIOL 40A, 40B & 40C, or a semester of Anatomy and a semester of Physiology, must accumulate to a 2.5 GPA.
Note: For students who completed the Anatomy and Physiology prerequisite courses at Foothill College, with a "C" or better, but do not meet the 2.5 or higher GPA requirement, please read the following instructions:
- Students with a "C" or better in BIOL 40A, 40B and 40C or a semester each of Anatomy and Physiology who do not meet the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement need to take an additional Anatomy or Physiology course.
- The additional Anatomy or Physiology course grade will be averaged in to the entirety of previously completed Anatomy and Physiology coursework.
- A grade of "C" or better in the BIOL 40A, 40B, and 40C series cannot be repeated at Foothill or De Anza campuses.
Refer to this chart to check for equivalency if you plan to take, or have taken, prerequisite courses outside of Foothill College, including additional Human Anatomy and Physiology classes to meet the minimum GPA requirement.
If the course is not listed please check with a Foothill counselor.
- Radiologic Technology Prerequisite Equivalency Chart
- Foothill College Transfer Equivalency Guide — See Allied Health Programs instructions.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the following agencies
|International Educational Research Foundation, Inc.
Credentials Evaluation Service
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
|Academic Credentials Evaluations Institute, Inc.
9854 National Boulevard, Box #186
Los Angeles, CA 90034
800.234.1597 (USA only)
|Educational Records Evaluation Service
601 University Avenue, Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825