Global Experiential Learning
Study Abroad in London, England, Fall 2023
Upcoming Info Sessions
All sessions, including those on campus, are available via Zoom, unless noted otherwise.
Fall 2023 London Program
Earn 12-15 units of academic credit while you travel!
Classes meet online starting Sept. 25 and transition to in person once the group lands in London. Some online coursework may continue through Dec. 15, 2023.
- Saturday, Sept, 30 2023 (arrive in London)
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023 (depart London)
Global Citizen. Global City.
- Ben Armerding (English)
- Che Meneses (Communication Studies)
Potential Courses Offered
- COMM 1A Public Speaking (Honors option also)
- COMM 1B Argumentation & Persuasion (Honors option also)
- COMM 2 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 5 Mass Communication
English Composition and Literature
- ENGL 1A Composition & Reading (Honors option also)
- ENGL 1B Composition, Critical Reading & Thinking Through Literature (Honors option also)
- ENGL 14 Travel the World Through Contemporary Literature
- ENGL 34C Literature into Film
- ENGL 80 Introduction to Travel Writing
Foothill College partners with AIFS Abroad to support our students and faculty during our Study Abroad academic programs.
Application and Costs
As part of the application process, please complete the interest form to tell us a bit more about yourself. If you meet the initial program eligibility criteria, we'll provide the official program application, which will be due by Thursday, June 29, 2023 or until program is full.
Tuition, Fees and Cost
- Application deposit (paid to AIFS): $450
- Remaining program fees (paid to AIFS): $6895* — This fee may be reduced by $150 if we reach 60 applicants, so refer a friend!
- Final payment deadline: July 28, 2023
- Enrollment Fees & Tuition: Variable by units and residency status – see Student Fees & Tuition
NOTE: Financial Aid can be used for these programs. To learn more, contact our Financial Aid Office. Scholarships are also available, and applicaiton deadline coming up soon! Submit an interest form to find out more.
Included in program & registration fees
12-15 units of academic coursework:
- Transferrable with transcript from Foothill College
- Lectures in classrooms in the AIFS Global Education Center in London located in Kensington, one of the most picturesque areas of central London
- Faculty-led field trips, integrated experiential (out-of-the-classroom) learning opportunities in places of great cultural interest, and service learning/volunteer opportunities in local charities and NGO’s working on community projects, in charity shops, with food banks and environmental projects.
A robust cultural program consisting of:
- Pre-departure and on arrival orientations from AIFS hosts, including a comprehensive student information packet with culturally relevant information for living in London
- Regular workshops to develop skills for living abroad
- Guided half-day bus tour of the city
- Weekly program of free and subsidized cultural activities, such as sporting events, walking tours, theater and dance events, boat tours.
- Two full-day excursions out of London with round-trip transportation and the services of a professional, Blue-Badge guide. Typical locations include Bath and Stonehenge, Brighton, Cambridge, Oxford, Windsor and Eton, and Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Special membership to the Imperial College Union giving access to 370 Union clubs
Lodging and Other Accommodations
- Accommodation in a shared double room in a homestay, with kitchen and laundry privileges and free wi-fi, within a residential neighborhood of central London (in the inner 3 zones of the London transport system)
- Continental breakfast (cereals, toast, tea/coffee) in the homestay five days per week
- London Transport travel pass, valid for unlimited use on the buses and underground trains in travel zones 1, 2 and 3 for the duration of the program
- 24/7 AIFS emergency service with both a local number to reach on-site staff and toll-free number in the U.S.
- Student medical insurance policy
Optional (additional fees required)
- Option of accommodation in an AIFS residence (dorm) with a private bath, cooking facilities and wi-fi instead of a shared homestay for a supplemental fee of $1800
- A 4-day, 3-night excursion to Scotland for a supplemental fee of $695. Included in the price is a return train ticket from London to Edinburgh, 3 nights hostel accommodation with breakfast included (1 night in Edinburgh, 1 night in Loch Ness, 1 night on the Isle of Skye), a 3-day guided bus tour to the Highlands and islands of Scotland, evening meals and the services of an AIFS staff member throughout the excursion
- Enhanced medical insurance for a supplemental fee of $65
Not included in program fees
- Food/meals, except for those included above
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Textbooks/course materials
- Personal spending money
- Anything else not named above
Open to adults of all ages, experiences and physical capabilities who:
- Have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent
- Are able to travel abroad (hold/able to obtain a passport)
- Will enroll in a minimum of 12 units of the coursework offered as part of the Foothill College London Program (see above)
- Are ready for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
For more information, please reach out to the Office of Global Experiential Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're Here to Help!
Office of Global Experiential Learning