Great Opportunities for High School Students
Taking classes at Foothill College is a great way to get ahead! You can earn credit while still in high school. Students currently enrolled in high school (junior or senior) may earn up 10 units per quarter, (maximum of 6 units during summer session) *
High School Student Application Process for Juniors & Seniors
- Apply for admission. Complete the Foothill College application for admission online.
- Submit Special Admit & High School Concurrent Enrollment Form. Meet with your high school counselor to discuss which courses are recommended for juniors and seniors. Get your Special Admit & High School Concurrent Enrollment (PDF) signed: Permission of a parent/guardian and principal is required for high school juniors and seniors. You must list the specific course that you are authorized by the high school to enroll in Foothill College. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Take placement tests: Required for English and math classes.
- Register for Classes.
Register online or in person.
High school students may enroll in up to 10 units during a regular quarter and up to 6 units during a summer quarter.
High school students may not enroll in any course that is currently offered at their school site.
High school student may not enroll in any Physical Education (PHED & DANC) Courses as of January 2011.
The registration date for high school junior and seniors is two days after the registration date for new and
former students. For more information view the Registration & Key Dates
page for each term.
- Pay Basic Fees. High school students do not pay the resident
tuition of $31 per unit for enrollment fees. High school students who are considered non-residents
for tuition purposes will pay the non-resident fee.* High school students only pay basic fees.
*Non-California residents may be required to pay out-of-state fees.
* Students with extenuating circumstances requiring excess units must receive special permission and are
required to pay ALL enrollment fees. No fee waivers will be applied.
Don't miss important activities, such as the popular Day on the Hill Open House, new student
orientation and more. Visit the Outreach site for our schedule of events.
High School Outreach
We visit high schools, attend college fairs, provide application workshops, student panels, placement testing and
class presentations. Learn more.
Contact the Outreach Program at (650) 949-6973 or OutreachProgram@foothill.edu.
Or, try AskFoothill 24/7 Help. http://www.foothill.edu/ask/