Title IX - Stop Sexual Violence
Foothill-De Anza Sexual Violence Policies
Foothill College is committed to creating and sustaining an educational and working environment free of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence dating and acquaintance violence, and stalking.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Policy 4630 requires consent to be affirmative, unambiguous and continuous.
Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
The federal law Title IX governs Foothill’s response to sexual harassment and sexual violence—which includes rape, acquaintance rape, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, and stalking. We define all these unlawful and unacceptable behaviors as “sexual misconduct.”
Our Policies Cover Everyone
- It is a common misconception that only women experience acts of sexual misconduct.
- District policies addressing sexual misconduct at the district and college level cover all members of our community, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration and citizenship status, and professional or academic position.
- These policies apply to interactions between peers as well as superior-subordinate relationships. It does not matter who you are—if you experience sexual misconduct, it is not your fault.
- Individuals who believe they are victims of sexual misconduct—as well as those who have knowledge of or believe they have observed sexual misconduct—are strongly urged to get help and promptly report these incidents.
- FHDA and Title IX prohibit retaliation against anyone who makes a report of sexual misconduct.
- Any person who is a responsible employee and who has received a report or has knowledge of sexual misconduct is legally required to make a report to the Foothill Title IX Coordinator.
Impartial Investigations and Sanctions
- Foothill College will provide a prompt, fair, and impartial investigation and resolution for every sexual misconduct complaint.
- When there is a finding of responsibility for sexual misconduct, Foothill will issue appropriate sanctions and remedial measures.
- As needed, remedial measures may be put in place while investigations into a Title IX complaint are being completed.
Do you need to talk?
Title IX Coordinator
Campus Center, Room 2003