Saturday, April 29, 2023
9am - 4pm, Foothill College Campus
STEMentors “Possible Self” is an Extreme STEM Experiential for the K-20 student group...
(and specifically for those that are under-represented, underserved and under-supported
in the STEM communities... and will feature hands-on interactive presentations by
exclusive and handpicked group of organizations, companies and
Our hope is that these exhibits will ignite student’s curiosity through experientials, storytelling, live demonstrations, stage performances and more.
Registration encouraged but not required.
Why "A Possible Self"?
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) occupations are the fastest growing employment opportunities both in the U.S. and around the world. Everything from the infrastructure that makes up our cities, to the smartphones in our pockets, involves scientists and engineers at some point in their development and production.
Therefore, introducing students to STEM during elementary thru high school is essential. Exposing young minds to STEM fields early means they are more likely to engage in STEM opportunities and develop a passion for one of the STEM fields. This is especially true when it comes to closing the gender and ethnicity gaps in many STEM fields by introducing girls and ethnic minorities into STEM.
The STEMentors “Possible Self” is one of the largest STEM fair experientials in California, showcasing STEM events, presentations, stage performances and interactive activities aimed at introducing K-20 students to science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
Join us as an exhibitor, presenter, or volunteer! Click on the appropriate link below to sign up.
Information for Volunteers
In order to volunteer for events at Foothill, you need to get fingerprinted. This is something you can do through Foothill's Campus Police department. If you have already been fingerprinted at Foothill because of staff or student employment, you do not need to get fingerprinted again.
Please follow these steps:
- Fill out this online Livescan form – see guidance below.
- Check off FH (for Foothill).
- Check off “Volunteer”
- Enter “Science Learning Institute” in the blank for “Department.”
- Add all the information under Applicant Information.
- Add in a date and time you would like to go to Campus Police to do the Livescan. You will need to make an appointment for this.
- Click Submit.
- You will be contacted by someone in Campus Police to complete the Livescan. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS EMAIL.
- Go to Campus Police to complete the Livescan.
- Keep a copy of the Livescan report for yourself (they will provide this if you ask).
Please complete these tasks by Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- STEMentors Silicon Valley
- Foothill College
- STEM Center
- Science Learning Institute
- STEM Division