AI and the Future of Work
Part of the 2023 Possible Self Event Series
Are you curious about how Artificial Intelligence (AI) will impact the future of work and the job market? Foothill College is excited to invite you to an exclusive workshop designed to help students like you explore the evolving job landscape and prepare for the challenges and opportunities ahead!
Thursday, April 27, 2023
11a.m.–2 p.m., Hearthside Lounge @ Foothill College
Join us as we dive into:
- The Job Landscape: Discover how AI is shaping the job market, which roles are at risk, and the exciting new career opportunities that are emerging.
- Insights from Industry Leaders: Gain valuable insights from Tracy Williams, Chief People and Diversity Officer at New Relic, as she shares her perspective on the future of work and the qualities that top employers are seeking.
- Success Stories: Hear from Foothill College alumnus and UC Berkeley graduate Ben Kaliczak, a data scientist who will discuss his journey and how he uses AI in his current role, as well as share practical advice on preparing for the jobs of the future.
- Expert Panel Q&A: Engage with a panel of experts who will address your burning questions and offer guidance on navigating the ever-changing job market.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to learn, network, and empower yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the AI-driven workforce. Join us today for any part of the workshop and take the first step toward future-proofing your career!
Whether you have no idea where to begin, or you have already made your future career choice, or you are somewhere in between, "AI and The Future of Work" can help you to better understand and prepare for your next step towards your future.
- 11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: The Future of Work Overview
- 11:30 a.m: - 12:00 p.m.: The Hiring Executive’s Perspective: Interview with Tracy Williams (Chief People and Diversity Officer @ New Relic)
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch and Networking
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: The Professional’s Perspective: Interview with Ben Kaliczak (Foothill Alum, UC Berkeley Grad, and Data Scientist @ FriendFinder)
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.: The Future of Work Panel
- 1:40 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Close and Networking
We will be serving a full-course lunch.
If you have questions about this event, please reach out to Laurence Lew at firstname.lastname@example.org.