The prerequisites to be considered for the Pharmacy Technician program are:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Biology Proficiency - Biology 14 (Human Biology) or higher or equivalent (such as High School Biology, Biology 10) with a "C" or better, or successful placement on the Biology Placement test (offered at De Anza College). Biology studied in a language other than English will not be considered.
- Math proficiency - Math 220 (Elementary Algebra) or higher or equivalent (such as High School Algebra I) with a "C" or better, or placement into Math 105 (Intermediate Algebra) on the Foothill College Assessment Test.
- English Proficiency - English 100 or ESLL 236/237 with a "C" or better, or eligible for ESLL 25 or English 110 as determined by the Foothill English Assessment Test.
- Enrolling and passing PHT 200L (Pharmacy Technician as a Career).
Please contact our Health Career Coordinator at 650.949.7538 for more class information or see our schedule of classes.
The following are NOT prerequisites, but are recommended:
- Keyboarding proficiency of 35 words/minute or higher
Please stop and read the following: