Humanities Mellon Scholars
As a Humanities Mellon Scholar, you will have a designated faculty mentor to help guide you through your first two years of college. Your mentor will meet with you individually twice every quarter.
You will take the five courses that lead to the Certificate of Achievement in Humanities as a member of a learning community, allowing you to enjoy the social camaraderie and a network of support among classmates while you sharpen your study skills.
The five cohort courses in chronological order are:
- HUMN 1: Cultures, Civilizations and Ideas: The Ancient World (Fall Quarter)
- HUMN 3: World Myths in Literature, Arts and Film (Winter Quarter)
- HUMN 7: Global Religions-Contemporary Practices & Perspectives (Spring Quarter)
- HUMN 5: Cultures, Civilizations and Ideas: The Modern World (Fall Quarter)
- HUMN 4: Trauma and the Arts (Winter Quarter)
See our Humanities Department website for detailed course descriptions.
|Textbooks for HUMN courses are free of cost to all Humanities Mellon Scholars.|
Apply what you have learned in your classes in paid internships. Internships are a great way to obtain valuable work experience, make connections with leaders in art and community organizations, diversify your portfolio and built a stronger transfer application.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Your GPA must be 2.4 or higher.
- High School degree or equivalency
Off-Campus Group Activities
Additional activities — such the Foothill De Anza Mellon Scholars Student Conference, the USF Humanities Symposium and USF campus visits — will help you further refine your academic skills and goals.
Guaranteed Admission to the University of San Francisco (USF)
We are no longer accepting applications for 2022
Fall 2023 applications will become available in April
Please contact us!
Humanities Mellon Scholars Program Director