Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Kelly Hermann, Director of Disability Services at Empire State College (4:04) talks about why the ADA is important in higher education.
It's the Law!
- By law, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act , learning materials, including interfaces, images, sounds, multimedia elements, and all other forms of information, must be made available for use by anyone, regardless of disability.
- Detailed information about accessibility guidelines are available at Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Accessibity Requirements (overall)- 508 compliance requirements
California Community College's Accessibility Center
The CCC Accessibility Center has a number of accessibility resources available to all CCC employees.
- CCC Accessibility Center
- CCC Accessibility Help Center - Available to all CCC employees, provides a community-based forum to search for answers and ask questions about web and IT accessibility topics facing colleges and students.
- Document Accessibility - This page contains instructions on how to make documents accessible using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and also contains information on tools and outsourcing options.
- Video & Media Accessibility - Provides recommended reading and resources for media accessibility.