Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Our online application system accepts applications from October 1 through the May 1 deadline.
Important: Starting 2021, our application deadline will move from May 1 to April 1.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program application does not accept in progress coursework. All prerequisites must be completed and grades must be demonstrated on your transcripts prior to applying. All college transcript evaluation requests must be submitted to Admissions and Records by the application deadline.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- All college transcripts are required.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Minimum cumulative college SCIENCE COURSEWORK GPA 2.5 or higher.
- Math 105 (Intermediate Algebra) or equivalent college -level course completed with a grade "C" or higher. If you satisfy Math proficiency via placement test, you must attach the test results to your online application.
- ENGL 1A, 1H, or 1S & 1T, completed with a grade "C" or higher.
- College General Physics (Radiology Physics is accepted. Physics course description to include all or most of the following: Thermal, Electricity, Waveforms, Electrical & Magnestism, Acoustical, and Optics).
- BIOL 40A, 40B, & 40C, or a Semester of Anatomy and a Semester of Physiology. Must be one full academic year of Anatomy and Physiology, must include lab.
- AHS 52 or ANY Medical Terminology of 3 quarter units or 2 Semester units or more with a grade of "C" or higher. (AHS 200 can be used to meet this requirement).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certified (Can be delayed until acceptance). Must be certified by The American Heart Association ONLY.
- Two or more years of DIRECT PATIENT CARE EXPERIENCE. This requirement has multiple ways of being met; Successful completion of a two-year Allied Health program such as Radiology Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Registered Nursing, Veterinary Technology, and/or a B.S. in a medically related discipline and has significant direct patient care experience. Clinical experiences and/or similar education taught in an accredited institution within The United States is evaluated on an individual basis. Please contact Program Director to determine your eligibility.
*Direct Patient Care refers to observation, clinical assessment, recording of patient symptoms and progress, transfers, vitals, assisting MD's during treatment and/or examinations in a hospital and/or clinic setting. Working directly with patients with acute and/or chronic conditions, handling bodily fluid, and utilizing nursing skills. Please note that not all healthcare positions can or will provide the appropriate experiences.
Foreign Transcripts can be waived provided candidate has met admissions requirements of this document and the inclusion of foreign transcripts will not enhance the applicants application. If included, then all foreign transcripts and degrees must be evaluated and translated into equivalent college semester/quarter hours of credit including grade point average (GPA), by one of the agencies listed here: Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services
- Choose the "Comprehensive Evaluation" or "Detailed Report" option.
- Please note: The fees and turn-around times vary among the listed agencies.
- Failure to have foreign transcripts evaluated will result in your application being disqualified.