About the Program
More than 80,000 women and men working in one of more than 800 occupations in California construction trades began as apprentices. To enter the building trades, you must start as an apprentice.
At Foothill College, we partner with local apprenticeship training organizations to offer instruction in several trades.
800 occupations in California construction trades require an apprenticeship
Is a Trade Apprenticeship Right for You?
An apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you
- like to work with your hands
- are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years, depending on the trade
- have dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- want to earn a living wage and good benefits
- want the opportunity to advance in your career
Earn your degree or certificate in one of our apprenticeship programs.
Select a trade listed below or view a list of all apprenticeship programs for an overview of those that include an associate in science, certificate of achievement, or career certificate.
Choose from our apprenticeship trade programs
In the News
Foothill Collaborates with Semiconductor Manufacturers
Foothill Apprenticeship Program joined with advanced manufacturing employers on Nov. 14, 2023 to discuss ways to increase pipeline of skilled labor for growing semiconductor manufacturing sector. Read more