COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
Requesting an Exemption
You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement ONLY on the basis of verified medical reasons or religious beliefs. Read the Board Policy on vaccinations.
For guidance on whether you meet criteria for a Medical Exemption please review the CDC and State of California guidelines
There is a separate form and process for each type of request. See details below for your exemption type.
Medical Exemption Request
- Download COVID-19 Request Medical Exemption Form
- Complete the form on your computer and have it signed by your medical provider.
- Go to your Student Portal and click on the Foothill Health Services/Pyramed tile or use this link: https://deanza.studenthealthportal.com/. This will take you to a Foothill-De Anza Health Portal page.
- Click on the ‘Document Upload’ tab in the navigation bar
- Select Document Type (COVID-19 Request Medical Exemption Form-Foothill)
- Upload a PDF of your medical exemption form
Religious Exemption Request
Healthcare providers or health departments in the United States can request a consultation from CISA COVIDvax for a complex COVID-19 vaccine safety question that is (1) about an individual patient residing in the United States or vaccine safety issue and (2) not readily addressed by CDC or Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) guidelines. If you feel you have a medical reason that requires a medical exemption that is not listed as a contraindication, please have your doctor consult with CISA COVIDvax.