Student Code of Conduct for ETUDES - Internet Based Courses
As a student at Foothill College, your conduct in the classroom and on-line (Internet classes) will be expected to conform to those acceptable standards for all students as described in this handbook. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to the following:
- the use of threatening, harassing, sexually explicit language or discriminatory language or conduct that violates state and federal law and the Foothill - De Anza Community College District policy on sexual harassment or discrimination;
- unauthorized posting or transmitting sexually explicit images or other Content that is deemed by Etudes, the Licensee, or any administrator, supervisor or instructor of a course published utilizing etudes or other online software to be offensive;
- conduct that constitutes fraudulent behavior as enumerated in state and federal statutes;
- disruptive behavior on-line or off-line;
- Vandalism, or any other violation of Foothill-De Anza Community College District Board Policy. Particular attention should be given to college policy on academic dishonesty, which includes plagiarism or otherwise representing others' work as your own.
All Foothill College students are subject to the same consequences for violations of college policy. They include sanctions and consequences for infractions that are outlined in the college's student handbook, course catalog, and on the Foothill College Student and Judicial Affairs Web site under "Student Rights and Responsibilities
All Foothill College students are hereby notified that these documents, available online and in print, serve to alert them to their rights and responsibilities, and the college's obligations.
There are specific requirements of students using etudes systems
software, or other commercial software, and they are detailed in the Terms of Service Agreement. All students are advised to refer to this document and are informed that violations may result in suspension and/or expulsion from the class and/or college, other board sanctions and termination of your password, account or use of the Software. The Terms of Service Agreement include the college's limitation of liability, indemnification, waivers, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and registration information.
Top of page