An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|Competitive intercollegiate water polo emphasizing athletic skill and strategy development and performance through conference and post-conference competition. Intended for participants of the women's water polo team.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- Demonstrate advanced skills and techniques for the game of water polo.
- Develop cardiovascular endurance capacities.
- Explain the official rules and their interpretations.
- Demonstrate through performance the spirit and sense of team.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Swimming pool, water polo balls, and water polo nets. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- advanced skills and techniques of water polo
- eggbeater kick
- headup crawl
- passing, shooting, dribbling, catching
- develop cardiovascular endurance activities
- treading water
- sprint crawl
- official rules and their interpretation
- goal tending
- penalty shot
- spirit and sense of team
|Methods of Evaluation - |
- physical skills and techniques will be assessed by direct instructor observation
- improved cardiovascular levels as measured by time practice drills
- critical thinking skills as measured through successful team passes and plays
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Current NCAA Rulebook. |
|Disciplines - |
|Physical Education or Coaching |
|Method of Instruction - |
|Lecture, Discussion, Cooperative learning exercises, Laboratory, Demonstration. |
|Lab Content - |
|Activities and drills that promote the student's development in the sport of water polo such as swimming, passing, shooting, defending. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
|Optional reading and writing assignments as recommended by instructor. |