An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|This course will provide advanced training and instruction in the use of weights for the sport of volleyball.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- Participate in a structured and comprehensive program of advanced weight training for the sport of volleyball.
- Develop and apply personal and performance goals.
- Employ correct lifting techniques in a variety of advanced resistance exercise techniques for the sport of volleyball.
- Demonstrate the differences between a variety of advanced resistance exercise techniques for performance in the sport of volleyball.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
- Free weights
- Squat racks
- Olympic lifting platforms
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Establish performance goals which students are encouraged to work towards.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of various advanced strength training techniques.
- Super sets
- Isometric and Super Slow training
- Olympic style lifts
- Develop strength through participation in various advanced strength training techniques.
- Develop individualized performance goals which encourage specialization in the sport of volleyball.
- Explain physiological and anatomical relationships of weight training effects on the body consistent with the performance goals for the sport of volleyball.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|The student will demonstrate proficiency by: |
- Strength development will be assessed and measured by certain lifts such as the bench press, squats, and military press.
- Demonstrating the correct form in the olympic lifts used for performance in the sport of volleyball.
|Representative Text(s) - |
|None required. |
|Disciplines - |
|Physical Education |
|Method of Instruction - |
- Active participation by students and instructor to facilitate an effective learning environment.
- Lecture and/or demonstration
|Lab Content - |
|Use of pin-set machines, free weights and functional fitness strengthening exercises such as lifting, stretching, squatting, balancing. i.e. medicine balls, BOSU, and TRX. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
|Optional reading and writing assignments as recommended by instructor. |