|1. Description - |
|Continuation of THTR 99B. Students will gain additional practical experience in the application of production responsibilities in any of the following: construction, scenery, properties, costume, lighting, sound, and running crews. Students will assume greater responsibility for the design and implementation of technical elements for a theatrical production as department heads or group leaders.|
|Prerequisite: THTR 99B.|
|Advisory: Students must meet with the instructor during the first week of the quarter to arrange hours and assignments.|
|2. Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- Demonstrate mastery of the skills required to assemble and supervise theatrical crew in the course of a production schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and schedule small groups in solving the technical demands of the production
- Create production schedules and organize preparation for technical rehearsals with minimal supervision
- Coordinate work between several production departments from design to performance
|3. Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Rehearsal space with an unobstructed, flat floor, approximately 30' x 40' for rehearsal. Fully-equipped theatre for performance; make-up studio and dressing room facilities. |
|4. Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Supervision of the technical tasks during the running of a production (crew)
- Organize and schedule a small group responsible for creating or assembling technical elements for the production including scenery, properties, costumes, lighting, sound or visual effects
- demonstrate Individual responsibility for preparation and organization of tasks required during technical and dress rehearsals of a production
- Participate in the design, creation and installation of special production elements in scenery, properties, costumes, lighting, sound or visual effects as required for the production
|5. Repeatability - Moved to header area.|
|6. Methods of Evaluation - |
- Faculty observation and ongoing performance reviews
- Evaluation of individual projects in technical theatre production.
- Skill demonstrations
- Final evaluation of performance responsibilities and outcomes
|7. Representative Text(s) - |
|Play scripts and instructor handouts |
|8. Disciplines - |
|Theatre Technology |
|9. Method of Instruction - |
|Lecture, Discussion, Cooperative learning exercises, Oral presentations, Laboratory, Demonstration. |
|10. Lab Content - |
- Participation and observation of rehearsal process for scheduled production.
- Perform various productions support functions dependant on the demands of costumes, set construction, properties, lighting, etc.
- Design, create or facilitate production elements for the stage
|11. Honors Description - No longer used. Integrated into main description section.|
|12. Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
- Read scripts for production preparation.
- Read and assess background materials for production preparation and relevance.
- Research materials and methods of implementing required production elements
|13. Need/Justification - |
|This course is a restricted support course for the Certificate of Achievement in Theatre Technology. |