|Student Learning Outcomes -|
- Students will be able to demonstrate the proper etiquette on the golf course.
- Students will be expected to have a basic knowledge of the rules of golf. They will also be required to turn in their score cards from week to week in order to check their progress.
|Description - |
|Students will play an 18 hole round of golf utilizing a variety of swing skills and clubs (ie. woods, irons, wedge, putter). Both long and short game skills and strategies will be incorporated on the course. Students will apply rules of golf and course etiquette during play.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- Utilize the golf skills developed from prior instructional golf classes.
- Transfer practice skills to playing skills.
- Understand the concept of course management.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the basic rules and etiquette of the game.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
- Golf Course
- Golf clubs
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Continue to develope personal skills in: Lab
- Fairway woods
- Sand shots
- Understanding course management : Lab
- Recognizing shot distances
- Proper club selection
- Shot choices or strategies
- Maintaing concentration and focus.
- Knowing the basic rules of the game : Lab
- Rules concerning hazards
- Basic understanding of the local rules.
- Etiquette : Lab
- Pace of play.
- Ready golf.
- Positioning of self and equipment.
- Courteous on the putting green.
- Continuous putting
|Methods of Evaluation - |
- Continual development of skills assessed by the instructor.
- Personal score cards.
|Representative Text(s) - |
|United States Golf Association (USGA) Rules of Golf, Hamlyn, 2012. |
|Disciplines - |
|Physical Education |
|Method of Instruction - |
|Lecture and Demonstration. |
|Lab Content - |
|Putting, Chipping, Pitching and Driving. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
|Not applicable. |