An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|Students will gain practical experience in the application of production responsibilities in any of the following: stage management, house management, construction, scenery, properties, costume, lighting, sound, and running crews.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student should be able to: |
- Demonstrate proficiency in the skills required for a technical theatre crew.
- Demonstrate and employ basic skills to address the technical demands of a theatrical production.
- Execute of assignment responsibilities in technical rehearsals.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Rehearsal space with an unobstructed, flat floor, approximately 30' x 40' for rehearsal. Fully-equipped theatre for performance; make-up studio and dressing room facilities.Fully equipped scenic shop. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Assignment to production and performance responsibilities
- Preparation for production including necessary theatrical techniques.
- Identify and safely utilize appropriate tools to fulfill production requirements for performance.
- Basic technical theatre terminology.
- Recognize and demonstrate collaborative responsibilities with the director, designers, and crew supervisors.
- Demonstrate and apply basic skills in running a production.
- Create, maintain or construct basic production elements.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|A.Evaluation of individual projects in technical theatre production. |
Faculty observation and performance reviewSkill demonstrationsFinal evaluation of performance responsibilities and outcomes
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Production scripts and instructor handouts. |
|Disciplines - |
|Theatre Technology, Theater Arts |
|Method of Instruction - |
- Cooperative learning exercises
- Oral presentations
|Lab Content - |
- Participation and observation of rehearsal process for scheduled production.
- Perform various productions support functions dependant on the demands of costumes, set construction, properties, lighting, etc.
- Design, create or facilitate production elements for the stage
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
- Read scripts for production preparation.
- Read and assess background materials for production preparation and relevance.
- Research materials and methods of implementing required production elements