An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|A seminar in directed readings, discussions and projects in psychology. Specific topics to be determined by the instructor.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- analyze the topic in a skillful and thorough manner.
- discuss the topic critically with instructor and other students.
- explain the importance of the topic to the discipline.
- use new vocabulary relevant to the topic.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Readings, discussion, and critical analysis of the various topics.
- Use of primary, secondary and other important monographs as appropriate.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|Evaluation of class participation and examinations on readings. |
|Representative Text(s) - |
|As appropriate to topic. |
|Disciplines - |
|Method of Instruction - |
|May include, but not limited to: |
- Instructor presentation
- Student presentations
- Class discussions
|Lab Content - |
|Not applicable. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
- Conduct search for primary sources (empirical articles) by accessing web-based databases (e.g., PsyArticles).
- Meet with other group members to conduct group projects.
- Read research articles.
- Write 1-2 page reflection paper.
- Write 5-6 page research paper.
- Write critical questions based on weekly readings.