An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|Introduction in the fundamental skills and strategies for indoor soccer. Includes rules and an opportunity for active participation in game situations.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- perform indoor soccer skills of kicking, shooting, passing, and heading.
- apply and practice techniques learned and show improvement.
- analyze effectively offensive and defensive strategies.
- demonstrate knowledge of rules, regulations, and sport etiquette of indoor soccer.
- increase level of physical fitness.
- recognize differences in team play between indoor and outdoor soccer.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Gym and indoor soccer shoes. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
|Gym and indoor soccer shoes |
- Kicking and passing techniques
- Inside of the foot pass/push/pass
- Outside of the foot pass/kick
- Instep passing kick
- Heading techniques
- Heading for passing
- Heading for goal
- Heading to penetrate defense
- Ball collection to include all parts of the body
- Head chest
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and sport etiquette
- Indoor dimensions of play area
- Playing positions
- Ball in and out of play
- Violations and misconduct
- Throw in
- Fitness conditioning
- Warm-up exercises
- Skill drills
- Indoor versus outdoor soccer
- Rule and regulations
- Players equipment
- Dimension of playing area
- Offensive and defensive strategies
|Methods of Evaluation - |
- Periodic instructor evaluation of performance skills
- Written test(s) on rules and strategies
|Representative Text(s) - |
|No Text |
|Disciplines - |
|Physical Education |
|Method of Instruction - No content|
|Lab Content - No content|
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - No content|