|1. Description - |
|Participation in tournament soccer competition at an intermediate and advanced level of play.|
|Advisory: Previous intercollegiate or club soccer play; not open to students with credit in H P 129.|
|2. Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- improve his/her aerobic fitness.
- learn soccer team strategy in offensive and defensive categories.
- improve basic soccer skills.
- experience a high level of soccer competition.
- learn the value of team play and team coordination.
|3. Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Standard soccer shoes and appropriate workout apparel. |
Outdoor soccer field.
|4. Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Kicking game
- Inside of the foot pass/push/pass
- Outside of the foot pass/kick
- Instep passing/kick
- Heading the ball
- Heading for goal
- Heading to destroy/defensive
- Ball collection and preparation to include all parts of the body:
|5. Repeatability - Moved to header area.|
|6. Methods of Evaluation - |
- Quiz on team strategy
- Demonstrations of improved soccer skills
- Demonstration of team-play coordination
|7. Representative Text(s) - |
|Current NCAA Soccer Rule Book |
|8. Disciplines - |
|Physical Education |
|9. Method of Instruction - |
|Lecture, Laboratory, Skills demonstration |
|10. Lab Content - |
|This is a PE activity class. All lab content is included in course content. |
|11. Honors Description - No longer used. Integrated into main description section.|
|12. Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - No content|
|13. Need/Justification - No content|