|1. Description - |
|Supervised studio practice in painting projects.|
|Corequisite: ART 19A, 19B or 19C.|
|Advisory: Pass/No Pass.|
|2. Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- use paints and associated materials such as canvas, sizes and grounds.
- experience different forms of painting from photographic realism to non- objective.
- appreciate the complexity of the problems of design and color that are present in all painting.
- expand his/her knowledge of painting materials and techniques.
- generate his/her own projects and learn to use critical powers to evaluate progress.
|3. Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Easels, stools. |
|4. Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
|The painting laboratory is correlated with the courses in painting. It provides students with an opportunity to practice in a supervised environment the skills and concepts introduced in the painting courses. |
|5. Repeatability - Moved to header area.|
|6. Methods of Evaluation - |
|Evaluation of the student's progress will be based on the development of skills and satisfactory completion of lab projects. |
|7. Representative Text(s) - |
|Individual use of library materials, particularly sources for studies of artists and reproductions of their paintings. |
|8. Disciplines - |
|9. Method of Instruction - No content|
|10. Lab Content - No content|
|11. Honors Description - No longer used. Integrated into main description section.|
|12. Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - No content|
|13. Need/Justification - |
|This course is a restricted support course for the AA degrees and Certificate of Achievements in General Art and Studio Arts. |