|Student Learning Outcomes -|
- Conduct extensive research on an assigned medical imaging topic and create a PowerPoint and scientific display utilizing the research.
- Prepare an oral presentation and create a scientific display board on an assigned medical imaging topic.
|Description - |
|Collaborative research project on a highly specialized area of radiography or other imaging modality. Group presentation and scientific poster display board required. Specific topics to be determined by the instructor. Intended for students in the radiologic technology program.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- develop research and literary skills by performing an in depth research project.
- collect and synthesize research data.
- collaborate in the composition and preparation of the project.
- design and construct a scientific display board using research presentation material.
- present an oral presentation summary to the class.
- create a graphic CD cover that reflects some element related to the topic.
- transfer and archive (burn) final presentation project to CD.
- develop a referenced bibliography in a standard format.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Classroom with multimedia equipment with Internet access. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Assignment of advanced radiology modality topic. (Lec)
- Group selection
- Topic discussion
- Review project guidelines as outlined by checklist. (Lec)
- Research methods
- Books / Journals
- Other sources.
- Collection and management of data.
- Data entry
- Project composition. (Lec)
- Display board discussion. (Lec)
- Materials inventory
- Board construction
- Visual aids
- Oral presentation guidelines. (Lec)
- Professional delivery
- Communication skills
- Time limit
- CD Cover (Lec)
- Project archive (Lec)
- Burn CD
- Format requirements
- Video clip
- Multiple sources
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|Evaluation of research project and oral presentation using a project grade checklist. |
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Disciplines - |
|Radiologic Technology |
|Method of Instruction - |
|Lecture, Discussion, Demonstration. |
|Lab Content - |
|Not applicable. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
- Perform independent literary research.
- Oral presentation preparation.
- Display board assembly.
- CD design and formatting.