An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|Supervised activities in musical skills and materials related to music courses in which students are currently enrolled.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- study independently prepared materials to increase skills and concepts.
- refine and improve specific skills being taught in each music course in which they are currently enrolled, e.g., skills in sightsinging, dictation, and aural recognition of music literature.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Studio or laboratory with necessary equipment for study and practice, including computer workstations and appropriate software and MIDI-capable keyboards, appropriately equipped listening laboratory with collection of phonographs, compact discs, and cassettes, and piano-equipped practice rooms. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
|This course of study emphasizes student self-pacing through programmed materials. These programmed materials may include one or more of the following activities: |
- Supervised practice in sight singing.
- Supervised practice in rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic dictation.
- Supervised practice in aural identification of music literature.
- Supervised practice in computer-assisted-instruction (CAI)
- Supervised practice in using computer-based music notation and performance software.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|Student self-evaluation with periodic teacher examination. |
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Disciplines - |
|Commercial Music |
|Method of Instruction - No content|
|Lab Content - No content|
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - No content|