|Student Learning Outcomes -|
- A successful student will refine and improve specific skills being taught in each music course in which the student is currently enrolled, e.g., skills in sightsinging, dictation, and aural recognition of music literature.
- A successful student will demonstrate increased skills in the subject areas addressed via independent study.
|Description - |
|Supervised activities in musical skills and materials related to music courses in which students are currently enrolled.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- study independently prepared materials to increase skills and concepts.
- refine and improve specific skills being taught in each music course in which they are currently enrolled, e.g., skills in sightsinging, dictation, and aural recognition of music literature.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Studio or laboratory with necessary equipment for study and practice, including computer workstations and appropriate software and MIDI-capable keyboards, appropriately equipped listening laboratory with collection of phonographs, compact discs, and cassettes, and piano-equipped practice rooms. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
|This course of study emphasizes student self-pacing through programmed materials. These programmed materials may include one or more of the following activities: |
- Supervised practice in sight singing.
- Supervised practice in rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic dictation.
- Supervised practice in aural identification of music literature.
- Supervised practice in computer-assisted-instruction (CAI)
- Supervised practice in using computer-based music notation and performance software.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
|Student self-evaluation with periodic teacher examination. |
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Disciplines - |
|Commercial Music |
|Method of Instruction - No content|
|Lab Content - No content|
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - No content|