|1. Description - |
|Supervised activities in musical skills and materials related to music courses in which students are currently enrolled.|
|2. Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- study independently prepared materials to increase skills and concepts.
- refine and improve specific skills being taught in each music course in which they are currently enrolled, e.g., skills in sightsinging, dictation, and aural recognition of music literature.
|3. Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Studio or laboratory with necessary equipment for study and practice, including computer workstations and appropriate software and MIDI-capable keyboards, appropriately equipped listening laboratory with collection of phonographs, compact discs, and cassettes, and piano-equipped practice rooms. |
|4. Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
|This course of study emphasizes student self-pacing through programmed materials. These programmed materials may include one or more of the following activities: |
- Supervised practice in sight singing.
- Supervised practice in rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic dictation.
- Supervised practice in aural identification of music literature.
- Supervised practice in computer-assisted-instruction (CAI)
- Supervised practice in using computer-based music notation and performance software.
|5. Repeatability - Moved to header area.|
|6. Methods of Evaluation - |
|Student self-evaluation with periodic teacher examination. |
|7. Representative Text(s) - |
|8. Disciplines - |
|Commercial Music |
|9. Method of Instruction - |
|10. Lab Content - |
|Creation of original musical works, supervised rehearsal of other works by instrument. |
|11. Honors Description - No longer used. Integrated into main description section.|
|12. Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
|Not applicable. |
|13. Need/Justification - No content|