An error has occurred (cannot find SLOs).
|Description - |
|A study of the engineering profession, its requirements, opportunities and responsibilities. Exposure to engineers and their educational, personal, and career paths. Review of engineering ethics. Students formulate a career plan.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- understand the variety of career options with a degree in engineering.
- understand the ethical issues prevalent in the engineering field.
- understand the pathways to engineering career options.
- practice professionalism in the classroom setting.
- create a plan for pursuing an engineering career.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- The differences between an engineer and a scientist or a technician.
- Short term and long term career potential of engineers.
- Discussions of the various engineering fields.
- Legal and ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- Adjustments to college.
- Selected engineering problems from actual case studies.
|Methods of Evaluation - |
- Attending lectures and talks by guest speakers.
- Participating in discussions and asking questions of guest speakers.
- Writing an essay.
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Saeed Moaveni. Engineering Fundamentals: An Introduction to Engineering, 3/e. Thomson Publishing Company, 2010. |
|Disciplines - |
|Method of Instruction - |
- Guest lecture
- Class discussion
- Question and answer sessions
|Lab Content - |
|Not applicable. |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
- Reading Assignments: Reading assignments from text and outside sources.