Adding a Class After the Quarter Begins
You can add courses via MyPortal
during the first two weeks of the quarter. However, after the first two weeks of the quarter, you must complete the add process in person at the Admissions & Records Office.
- Attend the first class meeting and collect an add code from the instructor.
Late adds are at the discretion of the instructor and are granted on a space-available basis.
Important: Instructors will not issue add codes until the first day that their own class meets.
- To request an add code for a fully online class, visit Foothill Global Access at http://www.foothill.edu/fga/request_add_code.php
- Log in to your MyPortal account.
- From the Students tab in Myportal, select Add or Drop Classes in the Registration Tools section and select the college and term from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- Enter the five-digit class CRN into the Add Classes Worksheet at the
bottom of the screen. If you are on the course's waitlist, read the instructions below. Click Submit Changes button. A screen to enter the add code will pop up. Follow the instructions. Remember, payment in full is due immediately at
the time of registration.
Adding a Class If You Are On the Course's Waitlist Prior to the Start Of the Quarter
Prior to the start of the term, you may add a class from the waitlist. Please Note: Review pages 4 – 6 of the Student Registration Guide pdf for detailed information about getting on a course waitlist. You will need Acrobat Reader to view or print these pages.
Review the following process:
- You will receive an e-mail notification if a seat in the class becomes available. You are responsible for ensuring that your e-mail address is valid and current in your MyPortal account.
- Once you receive the time-stamped e-mail notification that a seat is available, you then have exactly 24 hours to
complete the add process via your MyPortal account, including submitting payment for the added course. If you fail to
complete the add process within 24 hours, you will be dropped from the waitlist and the available seat will be offered
to the next student on the waitlist. Unless otherwise notified, students on a waitlist must attend the first class
meeting and obtain an add code form the instructor.
- Follow the instructions detailed in the time-stamped e-mail notification to complete the add process.
How to Drop a Class
There are several ways to drop a class during the drop period. You will be required to supply the complete course
title and course number. Simply complete one of the steps listed below:
- Log in to MyPortal and drop the class. Review important drop deadlines by clicking on View Your Class Schedule
- Write a letter that includes your full name, student ID, signature, complete course title and course number.
Mail to Foothill College Admissions & Records Office, 12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022-4599.
- Fax a drop request form (PDF) and include your full name, student ID, signature, complete course title and course
number to (650) 949-6979.
- Submit a drop request form (PDF) at either of the Admissions & Records offices in person during business hours.
Be certain to bring your student ID and photo identification.
You are responsible for initiating the official drop process. Failure to officially drop classes will result in assessed
enrollment fees for which you are financially responsible as well as failing grades on your college transcript.
Answers to Your Questions
If you encounter problems or have questions, review the following resources for assistance.