You should take a Chemistry Placement Test if...
- You plan to enroll in Chemistry 1A.
- You took a Chemistry prerequisite course more than three (3) years ago
- In general, high school Chemistry courses DO NOT meet the prerequisites, although Chemistry AP scores of 4 or higher will be considered.
You do NOT need a Chemistry Placement Test if...
- You completed the prerequisite(s) courses at Foothill College within the past three (3) years
- You completed equivalent prerequisite(s) courses at another COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY within the past three (3) years
- You completed a High School Chemistry AP course and earned scores of 4 or higher and have taken math prerequisites within several years.
To be cleared for a prerequisite (for any of the above reasons), please complete a prerequisite clearance form and submit the form to Admissions & Records.
Before scheduling an appointment with the Testing & Assessment Center:
Top of page